What is EndNote?
- It's a free software that manages your citations for manuscripts and papers.
How do you use it?
- EndNote offers a free online online account. After you create an account, then you download a plug in for Microsoft Word.
How do you cite references?
- 1. Go to https://www.myendnoteweb.com/
- 2. Create a free account using your email address and create a password.
- 3. Login.
- 4. Under format, click on "Cite while you write plug-in" and download/open plug-in-this will create the endnote link on your Microsoft Word
- 5. When you're ready to annotate your references in your document, go to the endnote tab In Microsoft Word and login with your endnote username and password.
- 6. To collect new references using Pubmed, go to my endnote Web.
- press on collect tab
- click "online search"
- Click "my favorites"
- scroll down to "pub med", press save
- 7. Click click on "Pub Med" , press connect
- 8. You can search by any of the fields provided.
- 9. Go back to the word document, click on endnote tab.
- -"Insert citation"
- -Search for your references and press enter
I have no financial disclosures. This is a really awesome free resource that I find useful and it's very easy to use.